Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Serendipitously Delicious


I call these Serendipity Sandwiches because I "created" them after eating something similar at the super famous Serendipity 3 in NYC many years ago. There's nothing super fancy to them, just a dang good, filling sandwich (suitable even for a man-dinner)

Ingredients:
Pumpernickel-Rye Swirl Bread (I usually cannot find this so I go with rye or pumpernickel plain)
Muenster cheese slices
Deli Turkey (I prefer honey cured-thinly sliced)
Zaxby's Zax sauce (you can buy just the sauce!)--sub options here
avocado, smushed
sliced tomato
sliced purple onion
chopped spinach
bacon (cooked)--this is completely optional but I find it does make it more filling
Preheat Oven to 350F
1. Toast the bread, place on foil-lined cookie sheet (pair the bread for each sandwich side by side)
2. Slather one side of each sandwich with Zax sauce
3. Now add red onion, bacon, tomato as you like on the Zax's sauce bread
4. On plain side of sandwich place desire amt of turkey (I like LOTS), top with Muenster cheese
5. Place in oven and bake for 10-15 min or until cheese has melted to your liking (I like mine a teeeensy bit brown)
6. Remove, top tomato side with avocado and spinach...serve open face.
Sides: fruit, tostidos, potatoes, pickle wedges

No comments: