So I totally stole this from Bakerella, so props to her for the recipe. I did change one thing... which I'll mark in the recipe. This was SUPER easy and soooooooo yummy ( I1/2'd it too because we only have 4 little ramekins!) Douglas has not stopped eating it...it's the perfect chocolate treat. Cakey, fudgey, rich, smooth and just so good!
1/2 c butter
1 1/4 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2/3 c milk
1/2 tsp almond extract** (Bakerella calls for something else but this little sub makes it soooo good; I wish I could find hazelnut extract or flavoring!!)
2/3 c all purpose flour
2/3 c cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking podwer
1 c whipping cream (optional)
2 Tbsp powdered sugar (optional)
**I opted for vanilla ice cream but whip cream would be delish too**
1. Preheat oven 325 degrees F
2. Grease and sugar 8 6oz ramekins (those cute little white ceramic cups)
3. In a med bowl mix together flour, cocoa, baking powder
4. In a large bowl: Beat sugar, butter and vanilla until it's all light and fluffy (you will need a hand mixer for this by the way)
5. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each
6. In a small bowl microwave milk for 1-2 min until it smells funny (scalded), stir in almond extract
7. Now, alternate adding the milk mess and then the flour mixture to the butter, eggs and sugar goo in the big bowl; add and mix, add and mix until it's all together, should resemble brownie mix--beat for 1 good minute after it's all together
8. now evenly divide the mixture into the little ramekins...about 1/2-3/4c mixture for each
9. Place them in 2 8x8 or 9x9 metal baking pans, add water to the bottom of the pans so it's about 1/8-1/4 in deep in the bottom
10. Bake for approx 45 min
11. Allow to cook in the baking pans for 5 min, then cool in ramekins alone for a while...
12. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with whip cream or ice cream or whatever the heck you want!!