Sunday, September 7, 2008

Choco-lata crinkle lovin








My hubby loves cookies. LOVES cookies. And when my previous roomies and I were bored we would bake. Often just to give it all away. One Valentine's my friend Emily and I went through every cookie book/recipe we could find and made about 120 dozen cookies (no joke, we were up WAY late) of varying kinds to deliver to our single friends so they would feel loved. One of those cookies was Emily's favorite--Chocolate Crinkles. They're pretty, easy and oh so yummy. I decided to make them for Hubby and he loved them too, so now I'll share them with you!! (compliments of Nestle)

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (one 12oz bag will do), divided
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 c sugar
6 Tbsp butter (I have decreased this successfully to 2 if you are wanting to cut some calories)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 c powdered sugar

1. Microwave 1 c chocolate chips on high for 1 minute. then stir, and heat for 20 more seconds, should be melted, if not con't to stir and heat until they are melted and smooth. Set aside. Cool to room temperature. In a small bowl mix flour, salt and baking powder--set aside

2. Beat together sugar, butter and vanilla; until fluffy and crumbly. Add in melted chocolate. YUM! Now add each egg individually, mixing well after each. Beat in flour mixture. Stir in extra cup of morsels (or the rest of the bag if you're like me)

3. Cover and chill until firm (usually 30 min to 1 hour)

4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Shape dough into - 1 1/2 in balls and roll in powdered sugar until coated evenly. Place on ungreased baking sheets.

5. Bake 10-15 min (I usually cook them 12-13 min) or until sides are set but centers are still soft. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5-10 min, then cool on cooling racks.

Makes about 3-4 doz.

They're yummy!!

No comments: