Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Lemony Chicken Breasts



Mi madre is trying to do the healthy thing and so I thought I'd help her out by posting some of my favorite healthy dinners...I appologize for no pictures b/c everything is packed for the BIG move this weekend...#807 for me in the last 18 mos. When I dig out the cords I'll post some pictures.
Until then, just trust me, try these out--you won't be disappointed.
AND remember for 2 people I usually 1/2 or 1/3 the recipe OR have leftovers for lunch a day or 2...$$$ saving tip of the day for you.

Lemony Chicken:
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
2 c. fresh lemon juice
1 c all-purpose flour
2 tsp paprika
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2-3 Tbsp oil
3-5 Tbsp brown sugar
1/4 c chicken broth
6 slices lemon
1/2 c finely minced parsley

1. Marinate Chicken and lemon juice in large freezer bag overnight in refrigerator; be sure to squeeze out air and seal it.

2. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F

3. Heat a skillet on stove with oil; in bowl mix together flour, salt, paprika, pepper--put into a separate freezer bag

4. Place chicken breasts into ziplock bag with flour (in 9x13 pan pour 2 Tbsp marinade mixture in and mix with 1/4 chicken broth--set aside) and thoroughly cover chicken with flour mixture

5. Fry coated chicken in skillet for 10-15 min total, well browned; then place each in the 9x13 pan and sprinkle tops with brown sugar, then lemon slices, then parsley

6. Bake 20-30 min or until cooked through (sometimes it's less than this)

I recommend serving this with jasmine rice with lemon and parsley in it and fresh green beans sauteed in garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and almonds


No comments: