Monday, February 6, 2012

Christmas Brunch Recipes



Tradition calls for pork tenderloin. Check.
I called for a relaxed morning. Check.
And here's the menu:
1. Sour cream coffee cake from my MIL's recipe (I'll post later). Alas, I forgot to spray the pan so it came out in chunks and looked rather regretful on the cake stand, but it mattered not, for the taste is divine.
2. Blueberry and lemon scones adapted from Smitten Kitchen. Love her. Here's her recipe
3. Something savory...Mini Mushroom and Sausage Quiche (pssssst...these were so easy. I used the pre-cooked and crumbled turkey sausage and skipped the whole cook the sausage step. tossed the sausage, scallions, & mushrooms into the bottom of the muffin tins, poured the egg mixture on top...into the oven)
4. Something fruity (this was by far my FAVORITE!) Cranberry & Ruby Grapefuit compote (maybe it's because I'm a sucker for grapefruit)
5. Top it off with some biscuits (I cheated and went with frozen ones), a few fancy butters (blackeberry jam mashed up in butter; some lemon and chives cream cheese mixed into butter...you get the idea; roasted walnuts chopped and some honey smushed up in butter), bacon and voila! You have yourself a delicious brunch!

No comments: