Saturday, April 14, 2012

BBQ

My brother Adam has actually introduced this one to me and I love it! I was intimidated to try it myself for some reason. Sort of like meatloaf or spaghetti sauce...seems so easy I worry I'll forget something.

And this makes a lot of food. And it's a beautiful crockpot keeper.

BBQ.
5 lb Boston Butt pork roast with bone-in
spicy mustard
apple-cider vinegar
BBQ sauce of your choice (I used KC Masterpiece original)

1. Throw about 1/4-1/2" vinegar into the bottom of your crockpot.
2. Toss in the pig
3. Squirt a fair amt of mustard on top. You can also sprinkle on some cumin, paprika, chili powder...whatever you desire.
4. Cook on low overnight.
5. Next day (maybe mid-morning or at least by like 2-3p) remove pig and place on a cutting board. Dump out the liquids from the crockpot...save some if you want a juicier BBQ. I don't like it very juicy so I tossed all of it.
6. Remove the bones from your pig and shred the meat from the pig. Toss the shredded meat back into the crockpot. Douse it with BBQ sauce, spicy mustard, vinegar and any other seasonings you wish until it's the way you like it...allow to cook on low and heat through for about an hour or so.
Serve it up on buns with some pickles, deviled eggs, baked beans... the fixin's! So yummy!

No comments: