Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Awesome Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins
Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins:
Makes approx 18 muffins
Baking time 25-30 min
1 c APF
1 c white whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 (scant) tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp cloves
1/2 c sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
12 oz bag of fresh cranberries
1 large egg
1/4 c (scant) canola oil
1/4 c low fat plain greek yogurt (or buttermilk if you are in a pinch)
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 to 1 1/4 c pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 c chopped pecans or white chocolate chips (optional)
1 tsp fresh orange zest (optional)
1/4 c oats
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp APF
2 Tbsp butter, cubed, cold
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven 350F
2. Spray/flour muffin tin (or place muffin liners)
3. In a med mixing bowl, using a pastry knife or fork, mash together the topping ingredients until it's well mixed, crumbly. Set in the refigerator
4. In a large mixing bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, sugars, and cranberries. Mix together well.
5. In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together egg, oil, yogurt, vanilla, pumpkin (and orange zest if you choose to do so).
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix well. Add in pecans or chocolate chips if you choose to do so.
7. Spoon approx 1/4 c batter per muffin, level it out as best you can; top with approx 1 Tbsp topping mixture.
8. Bake @ 350F for 25-30 min. You can test to see if they're done by inserting a toothpick into the center of a muffin and seeing if it comes out clean, if so, they're done.
Posted by Cherie (and sometimes Senor) at 1:42 PM