Anyways. Here's how I make chicken pot pie. Everybody does it their way.
Chicken Pot Pie (makes 2)
** can freeze extra one before baking for a quick meal later!
4-6 chicken breasts (bone + skin)
2-3 small red potatoes, diced
½-1 onion diced
2 stalks celery sliced
1/3 c frozen green peas
1/2 c frozen green beans
1 can of corn
1 small can mushrooms
1/3 c. frozen lima beans
2-3 carrots sliced
2 can cream chicken soup
2 frozen deep dish pie crusts
1 box phyllo dough sheets or 2 pie crusts tops...I know some folks do biscuits. Whatever floats your boat
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and bake pie crusts 10-12 min, remove and allow to cool
- Boil chicken in large stockpot until done, de-skin, de-bone and chop up breast meat
- In broth from chicken cook carrots, celery, onion, potatoes, peas, lima beans, green beans until tender; drain.
- In large mixing bowl mix together all ingredients, salt and pepper to flavor
- Fill each pie crusts with half the chicken mixture
- Top with phyllo dough (follow instructions on box for handling)…if freezing stop here and cover with plastic wrap, aluminum foil and freeze.