Saturday, January 17, 2015

Weekly Menu Jan 18-Jan 25

This week Senor and I kick off our 12-week health challenge. I might share more on that later. I might not. I got other things to do that sort of take priority.

Here's our menu for this week (week 1)
Sunday-Parmesan-crusted Salmon, Red quinoa, broccoli and roasted carrots, baby kale/spinach & berry salad with pecans and goat cheese...verdict: delicious and seƱor and I had leftovers for lunch.

Monday/Tuesday-Grilled Rosemary Chicken with Farro Risotto, roasted sweet potato wedges, peas, and cauliflower. Verdict: this was so, so, so yummy. Had a hearty, yet light, earthy, amazing savory thing going on. The farro risotto was just, oh my, I could probably have eaten the entire pan by myself. But I didn't, because, I'm trying to do that whole eating and exercising thing. Yeah. So, my only negative complaint about this is the time factor. This is not your weeknight, quick draw meal. Definitely a keeper, but more likely for Saturday or Sunday evenings when I have more time. But still, definitely worth it. And just in case you want to make this, I found the dried porcini mushrooms at walmart, in the produce section right next to the regular mushrooms. The farro was a bit trickier. I'm sure places like whole foods and fresh market would have it, but they aren't around these parts. Publix had it in their rice section, but it was down on the very bottom and only one variety so it was a little hard to spot. I used fresh herbs, although I'm sure dried would suffice. And I used grated, canned Parmesan since it's what I had on hand; although, fresh would probably make it even more awesome.

Wednesday/Thursday-Taco Salad, mexican rice, black beans, corn. Avocado, etc

Friday/Saturday-Weeknight Lemon Chicken Skillet, doubling up the potatoes and green beans. Roasted carrots, lima beans & salad

Sunday-Leftovers

Senor is trying the Bony to Beastly regime and I'll be trying out the Kayla Itsines workouts. I'll let you know how it's going when I get a chance.

No comments: