Monday, February 9, 2009

Another EASY dinner

I am trying to post some recipes that are easy, quick and realistic for most people to "whip together" on a weeknight.

This one is from none other than my fav Debra at Smitten Kitchen. I love that you use a blender to make it.

GERMAN PANCAKES:
(makes 2 9" pancakes)
4 eggs
1 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 c flour
2/3 c milk
2 Tbsp butter, softened

Preheat oven 400 degrees. GREASE WELL 2 9" tart/round pans.
In a blender, stir/mix eggs til they're yellow. Add the remaining ingredients and "mix/blend" for 1-3 min until smooth, scrape down the sides as needed.
Pour 1 c of mixture into each pan and bake for 15-20 min; decrease temp to 350 degrees and bake for another 5-10 min (it will be all poofy!)

Remove from oven, place on plate and eat it all up!! We like ours with fresh fruit, pure maple syrup and vanilla yogurt, but you go with whatever blows your skirt up!!
** for "a complete meal" for your male companions, you can serve with bacon/sausage and some toast/english muffins

1 comment:

Sara said...

Haha! My favorite part was the last line about a "complete meal." Isn't it interesting that girls can call something a complete meal, whereas guys want to have meat in order to say it is? I rarely cook meat for myself, and I dread the day I'll have to start cooking it on a regular basis again.

But this gets me thinking . . . I just won't cook meat regularly! My future husband can, if he wants!!! :)