Monday, February 23, 2009

Asian Noodle Salad

Naked Asian Salad
We tried this salad from Pioneer Woman for a multitude of reason. It looked easy and yummy. It looked quite nutritious. We wanted something on the lighter side for dinner. It was very colorful and pretty (okay so maybe only I thought that but it still counts). And if I could just go pluck the veggies for this out of my garden like she does, I would feel I'd arrived; perhaps one day!

Anyways. For senor we added some boiled chicken. Used rice noodles (I would totally recommend that, NOT LINGUINE)--you can find them in your asian section of the grocery store...just boil them like pasta but be careful they only need to cook for a few minutes.

Dressed up Asian Salad with dressing and chicken!
Overall, it was a decent salad. Was not as keen on it for night #2; and there's still a big bowl of it in the fridge...I would recommend cutting into 1/2 or 1/3 if you're cooking for just 2 people.

No comments: