- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup); I added some shredded swiss too
- 5 ounces mixed greens (about 6 cups)--we skipped this
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- I added some chopped up bacon and some mushrooms
- Topped it (obviously) with some sliced tomatoes
- country bread, for serving
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook bacon then add onions and mushrooms. Cook until they're brown and proceed to #2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a medium ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook, tossing, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the eggs and sprinkle with the goat cheese. Cook until the mixture begins to set around the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer the skillet to oven and bake until set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Dividing evenly, place the greens on plates and drizzle with the vinegar and the remaining oil; season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the frittata and bread.