Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sesame Lime Chicken Salad

This is another Real Simple recipe we tried tonight (and tomorrow night). It was simple enough. Extremely light and had a nice flavor. I served it with mangoes and sticky rice ( and this time I had real sticky rice from the Asian market!! with coconut milk + Sugar of course!)



Serves 4Hands-On Time: 20mTotal Time: 20m

Ingredients

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, chili, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the lettuce, carrots, and chicken and toss to combine.
  2. Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds, noodles, and cilantro.
** I made a few alterations to this.
1. I eliminated the chili pepper in the dressing; just used like 1/8 tsp red pepper from my spice cabinet; also used vegetable oil 'cuz that's what I had.
2. I added 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce to the dressing it and used ALOT more lime juice than it called for--I juiced 2 limes completely; mixed it up & kept in a jar rather than mixing it in with the greens; I don't like to pre-dress my salads--better for leftovers if you don't. 
2. I added chopped celery and green onions to the salad mix. 
3. I added red peppers chopped to the salad mix. (sweet red peppers)
4. I used chicken I'd boiled (w/bone + skin) in water and soy sauce; removed the skin and bone and chopped up the chicken. 
5. I omitted the sesame seeds
6. The cilantro is CRUCIAL to this dish!!!

It was relatively easy and delicious. 

No comments: