Serves 4| Hands-On Time: 20m| Total Time: 20m
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 red chili pepper (such as jalapeño or serrano), sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small head romaine lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup crispy Chinese noodles
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large bowl, whisk together the canola oil, lime juice, sugar, sesame oil, chili, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Add the lettuce, carrots, and chicken and toss to combine.
- Serve the salad sprinkled with the sesame seeds, noodles, and cilantro.
** I made a few alterations to this.
1. I eliminated the chili pepper in the dressing; just used like 1/8 tsp red pepper from my spice cabinet; also used vegetable oil 'cuz that's what I had.
2. I added 1-2 Tbsp soy sauce to the dressing it and used ALOT more lime juice than it called for--I juiced 2 limes completely; mixed it up & kept in a jar rather than mixing it in with the greens; I don't like to pre-dress my salads--better for leftovers if you don't.
2. I added chopped celery and green onions to the salad mix.
3. I added red peppers chopped to the salad mix. (sweet red peppers)
4. I used chicken I'd boiled (w/bone + skin) in water and soy sauce; removed the skin and bone and chopped up the chicken.
5. I omitted the sesame seeds
6. The cilantro is CRUCIAL to this dish!!!
It was relatively easy and delicious.