Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Weekly Menu: Feb 24-Mar 2 or 3rd...

I'm sort of over savory, rich meals. I think coming close to 3rd trimester has begun to effect my appetite. I'm seeing more bird meals and produce in my future, if it's going to be anything like my previous pregnancies. By week 30, all I want is fruit, bread and a little protein here and there.

1. Taco Salad (2 nights) We're going to try this vegetarian version, see how it goes. Verdict: DELICIOUS! Easy, cheap, perfect! Kids loved the dressing "dip"
My version of the dressing looked more like this:
4Tbsp lime juice
2 c loosely packed cilantro leaves (very loose)
1-2 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
3/4 c cold water
1 whole avocado
1/8-1/4 tsp salt
2-3 tsp honey
1 full cup plain Greek yogurt
1/2-1 tsp minced garlic
Put it all in a blender/food processor and go to town til you like how it's blended

Aside from that, we stuck to the salad ingredients and I did add corn chips crunched on top. Maybe 4-5. Was just enough balance. I really really liked this salad and we will def be having it again!


2. Mini quiche/fritattas + fruit/parfaits + fresh bread--I plan to just make some crustless muffin-tin versions of Sally's variations on yummy "quiche". Any leftovers will be frozen for quick lunches/snacks later

3. Springtime Pasta with Bacon + cream of mushroom soup--just dying to see how this night or 2 goes over...can just hear the wailing and complaints now!

4. Chicken curry with cauliflower, sweet potatoes added. Green beans, rice, pumpkin yogurt granola parfaits

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal bake

Pumpkin granola, yogurt/eggs, fruit (apples or oranges probably)

Banana muffins, cream cheese schmear, fruit

Cereal, milk, fruit

Waffles, smoothies

Lunches (for kids' school days)
Pasta Packs

CC+J Sandwhiches (cream cheese and jelly...can't do PBJ due to classroom allergies)

Protein packs

Ham + cheese sandwiches one day

No comments: